Money envelops are frequently used at social and family gatherings such as weddings, birthday, baby shower etc. These envelopes contain money symbolize blessings and wishes for good luck, prosperity, health and wealth. Money envelopes are used in different Chinese and Asian societies. These envelopes are also known as red envelope or red packet. It is a monetary gift that is given during holidays and special occasions. Red color of envelope is a symbol of good luck and is supposed to ward off evil spirits. The amount of money in the money envelopes usually ends with an even digit because according to the Chinese beliefs 88 and 168 both are lucky numbers. Odd number money gifts are traditionally associated with funerals.
In some traditions, the word four should not be appeared in the amount such as 40, 400 and 444 are strictly prohibited because the pronunciation of word four resembles to death and signify bad luck. Money envelopes are very beneficial in different perspective. Today I will share 10 benefits of using money envelopes:
- Money envelopes contain your blessings and lovely wishes that’s why with money your wishes will automatically transferred to your beloved people.
- Money envelopes offer great way to control your budget and save money. You can prepare different envelopes for different activities such as grocery, child clothes, medical expenses etc. In this way, you can get money for all expenses at right time.
- You can categorize all envelopes according to your traditions because these are available in different colors.
- Money envelopes are frequently used in almost all areas of Asia so you can start a home business for manufacturing of money envelopes.
- It is best way to manage your money and spend it to the right place according to your personal requirements.
- Money envelopes bear no cost because you can easily prepare it at home and secure your money in envelopes. It is good idea to give pocket money to your kids.
- It can be a surprise for you that at the end of the month when you have finished all money and suddenly you remember about money envelop that you have made for this time. It will save you from any kind of lending.
- It is flexible and convenient way to access your money on time because credit and debit cards require some time to arrange money. You also have to go to your bank in any condition.
- It is great way to give someone money as gift because money envelope is decorated with some flowers and ribbons etc.
10. Use of money envelopes saves your time because you have no need to go to market to buy a gift. You can give money envelopes as gift to your friends and relatives.
In Islamic countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore money envelopes are used in green color to give money gifts at Eid-Al-Fitr celebrations on the other hand the red money envelopes are used to give sadaqah and zakat.