A Lesson plan is referred to a document that a teacher prepares to outline topics and activities in order to teach in the class or group meeting. Usually Lesson plans are created and maintained by schools but individuals can also do it by their own. A well-planned lesson plan ensure a smooth and effective transfer of knowledge from teacher to its pupils over the cross a specified time. It also allows teacher to effectively manager their time for necessary research and lecture planning for efficient results of their classes. Similarly, a ready Lesson plan also helps new teachers to pick and continue various research, writing, speaking and reading activities while picking a class from its running tenor.
While preparing for the your lesson plans, following important aspects must be taken into account to come up with a comprehensive lesson plan.
- Goals and objectives must be defined in clear statements.
- Better to use an existing free lesson plan template to create your own lesson plan rather than just starting from scratch.
- List down your resources, objectives and activities on daily basis or weekly basis as per target time frame.
- If you are teaching more than one subject/course to a class, better to create different lesson plans or one comprehensive lesson plan with all subjects listed.
- Always cross check you objectives with school’s provided course outlines or teaching guidelines.
- Print it out and display it in a prominent place where you can see it every day.
It has been found very useful to teach according to a well-planned lesson plan in order to achieve best results from you class or small group of students. Such lesson plans also help schools and institutes to maintain a consistent quality of education for many years to come no matter who is the teacher actually.