‘Health is wealth’; a well-known proverb and a very rightly said by someone wise. And in the modern day world, this proverb can’t be carried in a better way other than being helped out by a medical expert whenever you fall ill. In extreme conditions, the patients are required to be admitted in the hospital for more care and timely dealing, than being at home. That is where nursing profession comes into the scenario. Nursing as a career is a serving profession; considering being the life savers nurses earn a lot of respect in the society. Generally people consider Nursing for the females whereas proving it wrong, males are also in a large number in the profession of nursing. This profession requires hard work, sacrifice and love to your profession.
The employers of this category are hospitals, clinics and medical centers. In some cases, people might need a nurse to take care of patients while they are at home. The ads for nurses can be seen in the social media, internet and such mediums of communication.
Here is a good looking Nursing Resume Sample that I am going to share with you,
For applying as a nurse at any place, you have to write a resume as a first step of your application, where the following things can be of help in writing it.
- Mention your name and contact details on the top of the resume. Make the text clear and easily understandable.
- Afterwards describe your experiences in the field of medicine one by one and in brief detail.
- Do not hesitate to mention any achievements or special assignments you have performed in your previous career.
- After that, mention your qualification; this includes your education and the medical certification or certifications you have acquired.
- Specify an ingenious and impressive objective of joining the employer’s organization; give them an impression of service and well-being of people. This will leave a good impression on the employer, once they have read your resume.
Apart from the things to be kept in mind for including in the writing of a resume, there are some things not to be done, as well, which are quite important to be considered while writing a resume, to avoid increasing the chances of rejection of your resume. A few of them are mentioned as follows.
- Use simple text and formatting of the resume should be kept same throughout the resume. Mixing colors and changing font makes things look non-professional and leave a bad impression on the reader.
- Never forget to mention the dates in a descending order, i.e. your latest event being mentioned first and the others later.
- Do not show them achievement; instead present them with responsibility and service. Show them that how good you can be in a team, instead of going as a one man show.
- Avoid unnecessary discussion of things in your resume. This might lose the interest of the reader and they might just put away your resume.
These few mentioned Dos and Not To-Dos can be of great help if you ever come across applying for a new job, or changing your current job to a better one.