Meetings are significant part of business world. Meetings can waste a lot of your time if not planned properly. To make your meeting effective, you should make it clear for your employees that they are not allowed using their cell phones and laptops during meeting. You should also make it sure that meeting participants are ready to take meeting notes. An organized meeting needs a well written and well structured agenda. Effectively written meeting agenda can determine all issues to be discussed as well as key workers involved while leading to a concise yet complete meeting to take place. To write your meeting agenda in a structured form, Agenda Format can be followed. However, some tips are going to be shared with you for writing your meeting agenda effectively:
- You should write your meeting agenda one week in advance before the meeting day. If you do this, it will give your staff members a proper time to get prepared for the meeting. Advance preparation will also give them a chance to revise their schedules to accommodate.
- You should determine problems that will be discussed during meeting. Once you have drafted the issues, you will be able to manage length of meeting. To reinforce the idea of meeting using bullet points will prove beneficial to give it a structured form. You should clearly mentioned the time of your meeting in your meeting agenda that will help meeting participants to understand whether the meeting will take place under an hour, a few hours, entire day or in span of days.
- If you want to create brief meeting, you can limit your issues in one page. It means that you should stop writing issues when your page ends. Issues that are left will be noted for a later date. You can note down issues on priority basis by including such issues that are more important than others.
- Think about time, location and imperative people involved in the meeting. Doing this will keep people aware of time and helps reduce unnecessary discussion within the meeting. You should set the time at which most of your staff is available. It will also permit your attendees to reschedule their other plans for that day. Reminders are also important part of your meeting agenda as switching off mobile phones, modification suggestions of deadlines and email address for those who must submit a letter in case of not attending the meeting.
- You must have a trusted co-worker review the agenda. Provided information in meeting agenda must be free of grammatical errors, simple and clear.
- While discussing your issues in meeting, try to be concise. Postponing such issues for some next day that can be discussed over other channels will save your lots of time.
- Lastly, print your agenda. Printed agenda must be posted on office bulletin board for all personnel to see. You can also email this agenda to all participants.
For effective meeting, all participants must be well prepared beforehand. This will improve flow of your meeting. Providing meeting agenda to all participants enables them to be already familiarized with flow of discussion.
Here are some useful related templates available on our website,